
Here's an ultrasound picture from way back in December when they determined his gender. I never posted it because we were having major computer issues at the time, but I just had to include his cute little mug on this post. Everything looks fine with the pregnancy. I went for a check up today and she checked me and did a strep screen. I'm dilated 2 cm, but not thinned out at all, so there's no telling how long it will be. I was really relieved that I was at least starting to dilate. I was afraid she'd say I'd made no progress despite the cramping I've had for the last week. So, I go back next week for another check--pray for at least another 2 cm!! Remember, my goal date for delivery is April 25th--that's next Friday!!
OK, finally here's the right corner of the room. I'm really proud of how the rocker turned out, being that we just traced around the cushions for a pattern and sewed them together. I love the nightstand too--it's hard to see, but it's in the shape of a star. So cute!!
Here's the left corner of the room. I love his bedding and it looks even better now that there's a pretty crib sheet in there. I just need to get a laundry basket for the room and we'll be pretty much set as far as decor. His little crib just looks so cozy and I can't wait to let him sleep in there.
The wall as you come in. I actually had that shelf in my room growing up and we just restained it with red paint and sanded it to give it a distressed look. The puppy was Brent's growing up and the bear was my bear growing up. They are much loved toys and definitely look it! Beside the bear is a little Noah's ark statue that belonged to my grandparents, so even though my little guy never got to meet them, at least he has a link with them. I love his little room and I'm so excited to have him and bring him home to our house. We'll at least get to enjoy a few weeks at home and I'll just have to make the most of it.
We've been talking to Maura for weeks now about the baby brother. She'll consistently point to my tummy when asked where the baby brother is and she hugs and kisses it as well. Occasionally, she'll feel him move and say, "He's jumping! Stop jumping, baby brother!" She talks about holding him and being very gentle when he comes out. The other day, I asked her where the baby brother should live when he comes out and she said, "In the baby brother room." So, I think she understands as much as I can expect from a two year old. Hopefully, it'll be a smooth transition for her. She'll be a great big sister!





2 comments:
What a wonderful nursery! I'm sure it will be just as wonderful in Georgia. Have you guys settled on a final list of names to consider??? Don't forget, I vote Campbell!
L-O-V-E the nursery!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!! It's amazing! What a special place to bring home a special little guy!
Post a Comment