We opted to celebrate my birthday with my family tonight because we could eat earlier and enjoy our visit more. We went over to my parents house for a yummy dinner and lots of presents. Here's my cute girl with me on my birthday. When I told her we were going to Mommy's birthday party, she said, "We're going to Mommy and Maura's party." She was absolutely convinced that it was her party too!
Maura and Grammy. I wish we could at least coax a fake smile out of her, but it's just not going to happen right now. She's way more interested in seeing the finished picture than she is in the process of taking it!
Enjoying our dinner(or as much of it as I could actually eat). Notice my face is swelling. My hands, face and ankles always seem to swell at the end of my pregnancies. NOT pretty.
Maura helping me blow out the candles on my birthday pie. Candles are the thing she's most interested in when it comes to birthdays. She talks about them for days afterwards.

Me and my sweetie. OK, you can really see the swelling in this picture. It's amazing how different I look just about two weeks after I give birth.
Me and my sweetie. OK, you can really see the swelling in this picture. It's amazing how different I look just about two weeks after I give birth.
Lorie and Micah got me these cool new crocs sandals. They're super comfy and I probably will live in them when we get down to Georgia. From what I hear, flip flops are the ONLY shoes in summer there!!
My mom made me some beautiful fabric luggage. I think I might just have to repack my hospital bag now(which has, by the way, been packed for three weeks. Anxious, anyone?)
Maura and her "yittle" bibles. These are probably her favorite thing to play with at my parent's house. She says that the red one is Grammy's and the green one is Maura's. They always "read" John 3:16 together.
Finally a DVD recorder. We've tried multiple times to buy one and have always been thwarted. We're hoping that we'll finally be successful in taping things off our DVR and transferring some of our videos. YAY, thanks Brent!!
We were all out in the yard yesterday taking care of some yard errands. Brent was trimming, I was weeding and Maura was "helping," which basically meant that she was walking around and touching all the flowers. All of the sudden, she started talking about kissing the flowers. She would bend down and kiss each tulip. Needless to say, it was absolutely adorable. As she was dressed in her scrubby lawn clothes and my camera was ALL THE WAY upstairs, I opted for a reprise today so I could take some pictures. Here's Maura enjoying the garden.
We've tried explaining that flowers are supposed to stay in the garden so that they can make us happy and we can enjoy looking at them, but this little tulip was just a little too tempting.





2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Julie!!! 30 is definitely NOT old...why, you're just getting started!
Sorry you are feeling so miserable here at the end. But soak it all in girl...pretty soon you won't be feeling those little hiccups and kicks in your belly anymore...I miss those days. I loved being pregnant...sickness and all I LOVED it! There's nothing more special than feeling that baby inside of you.
Hope you have a great birthday. Maybe your little guy will come tomorrow and celebrate your birthday with you!
Happy Birthday !
Rachel
Post a Comment