Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Out and About

As my due date approaches, I'm getting anxious about being house bound with a newborn and a two-year old, so we've been making plans to meet friends and get out of the house. It's my last chance for freedom for awhile! On Tuesday, we met our friends Julie and Lainey at one of our favorite places--the Children's Museum. We had so much fun playing together. Julie is another stay-at-home mom and we've been planning to get together for a play date for the past year. I'm glad we finally made it happen--I just wish we hadn't taken so long to get together.

The girls loving the river table. How can you beat getting a chance to splash in some water. The girls loved floating their boats.
Lainey just a splashin'. It's such a change for me to photograph a child who will actually look at you and smile when a camera comes out. Maura could take some lessons! Lainey will turn two in a little over a month.
The girls cruising together. So cute. They both loved this John Deere gator. I think they wished it would actually go somewhere, though.
Maura's absolute favorite exhibit--the Bubble room. When I told her we were going to the Children's Museum in the morning, the first thing she said was, "play in the bubble room?" She loves bubbles and especially loves that she can do all this by herself. That's VERY important to her these days. She could spend hours at this big bubble table just dipping her wand in the bubbles. Standing beside her in that picture was a tremendously annoying kindergartener. I had to keep telling him to leave her alone and stop grabbing her wand. It seems like every time we go to the museum lately there's a huge group of annoying children. I think I'm going to have to start calling before we go in order for my two year old to have a fighting chance to play on the exhibits.
Julie and Lainey enjoying the full body bubble. Lainey loved this. Maura doesn't care as much for it because it involves standing still!

Lots of fun "flying" the plane. We even had lunch together after the trip to the museum. It was just a really fun day out.

No comments: