Maura is my water bug. I can remember from the time she was tiny she has enjoyed bathing and swimming so much. Even when she was just a few weeks old, she'd stop screaming when I put her in the bathtub. We started her swimming very early, and she's been taking swimming lessons since she was nine months old. She's very comfortable in the water, and this year we're really looking forward to some great swimming. This weekend, at Nan and Poppa's house, we took full advantage of the pool. Poppa bought Maura these cool floaties and she was so excited to try them out. Keep in mind that she's used floaties at Grammy's house and they didn't keep her from sinking. When we let go of her at Grammy's pool, she slipped quickly beneath the surface of the water.
It took her a few minutes to gain the confidence to give it a try, but she eventually swam off the steps and into Daddy's waiting arms. She was still a little apprehensive, but she was pretty proud of herself too.
Daddy was so proud of his little bathing beauty. She couldn't get enough of swimming and was NOT happy to have to go inside for nap time.
Daddy telling Maura to kick her feet to keep going in the water. Maura also learned that climbing the pool ladder was lots of fun and she loved climbing up and then jumping off the side of the pool(of course with us to catch her).
This was Tristan's first swimming experience. He's not a huge fan of the bathtub, so I'm not sure what compelled me to put him into the swimming pool. I guess I had some vain hope that he would get into the water and love it. I went through the painstaking process of getting him undressed, put into his swimsuit, sunscreened up and out to the pool, only to have him scream the moment his little feet touched the not-too-warm water. Our swim was short-lived. We'll have to try it another time when the water is a lot warmer. I'm sure that one day Tristan will love the water just as much as his big sister.





1 comment:
I know EXACTLY the sound that accompanies that curled tongue in the last photo of Tristan! Ha! He looks so much like Maura it's spooky!
Post a Comment