I'm nuts--I'll readily admit it. I am probably the busiest I've ever been since adding baby number three to our lineup, but despite the craziness of our lives, I want to continue doing all the same things we did prior to Bennett's birth. Last year I hosted a Beach Party
play date at the end of the summer. It was so much fun and all the kids had an absolute blast. I really wanted to have the same Beach
play date this year. Brent had already started back to school and football, but I went ahead with my plans and planned our beach party. I talked to the kids about our party all week long, so by the time Friday arrived, the kids were SO excited!! Maura could hardly wait for the big day to arrive and she couldn't wait to don her luau duds! What a cute little hula girl! She was so excited while waiting for her friends!

Some of the kids had arrived and enjoyed our toys for awhile before heading out for some water fun. My Hawaiian cuties! Tristan continues to surprise me with his ability to remember things that are promised him in the future. When Maura was this age, I could tell her about something that was going to occur several days in the future and she'd generally forget it. Tristan, on the other hand, can remember that something is promised to him and he'll ask about it over and over. On the day of the party, he woke up and said, "Beach party today?"

We were excited to add the sandbox to our list of attractions this year. Brent built it earlier this summer and we've enjoyed building sand castles. It was fun to add the beach to the beach party! Maura and Lily enjoyed playing dinosaurs together. Jack had a great time with the ball, pool and sprinkler.

Lainey really liked the pool. I don't think she played with much else! I could just eat Alexandra up! Her pigtails make me think of Boo from Monsters Inc.

Splash!! The kids had an awesome time in the pool, especially the younger kiddos. Sisterly love. Lainey and Kendall enjoyed the pool together. I think I have almost the same photo from last year.

Alex cracked me up with the water
sprinkler. She so wanted to get close to it, but couldn't stand being sprayed in the face. Too funny! Making sand pies. I can't tell you how many sand pies I've "eaten" this year.

Sarah, Lainey and Lily enjoyed making sandcastles. Liam enjoyed his last beach party. He'll be moving next week, so we were glad he was able to join us for our
festivities.
3 comments:
You ARE nuts!! I love Maura's bathing suit... prettiest I've ever seen! I need my own Aunt Lori!
Thanks for hosting busy lady. We had so much fun!
You are crazy busy and so creative! It sure looks like fun!
Post a Comment