Monday, August 23, 2010

Brotherly Love at Seven Weeks

Tristan LOVES his little brother. If you asked me during the course of the pregnancy how Tristan would react to the baby, I would have told you it wasn't going to be pretty. I was completely prepared for mayhem and many tears. He is so possessive of me when it comes to other children that I figured he'd have immediate dislike for the baby who takes up so much of his mommy's lap and time. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Tristan asks about Bennett the moment I go into his room to get him in the morning. His first words are, "I all done sleeping. Where's Bennett boy??" We generally have to race back to my bedroom to check on the (usually)sleeping baby and I have to work really hard to keep Tristan from waking him up. Tristan asks to hold the baby a lot--certainly a lot more than Maura held Tristan as a baby. He goes and gets the Boppy, puts it around his stomach and says, "Hold him!" He also wants to nurse the baby. I've tried explaining that nursing is something that only mommies can do for their babies, but it's hard getting it through that bullheaded two year old brain!

Bennett loves his brother too! Tristan always talks to him with a high pitched voice that I know he learned from Maura. He always wants to take the baby's head between his two hands, as gently as he's capable of. I try to always be close by to make sure that Tristan uses gentle hands. All the manhandling leaves Bennett a bit bemused, but he loves all the attention from his siblings and usually gives them a big smile! Well...most of the time anyway!

Bennett has his own version of the very sad face that Tristan perfected as a baby. Bennett is growing to be a big boy so quickly. It wasn't long after these photos that I stopped putting gowns on him. His little feet were poking out of the bottom and I was tired of trying to squeeze him in them. We're in sleepers now and it won't be long before he's completely out of his 0-3 month clothes. His newborn period has flown by and I can't believe how big he's gotten already.
My handsome baby at seven weeks. This precious angel is smiling and starting to talk to us! Love him!! Happy Seven Week birthday!

post signature

No comments: