I spent the last week of Brent's annual training trying to keep myself and the kids occupied so that we didn't have to think about him being gone. Katie came down to stay on Tuesday and we spent lots of time at Grammy and
Pappap's house hanging out, swimming and having a great time. My mom was gracious enough to feed us and give me lots of help with the kids, so the week passed pretty pleasantly. Katie helped me to take the kids to a free movie on Thursday morning, which the kids somewhat watched. Our big fun for the week happened on Friday. We got babysitters and got out of town-all the way to Nonesuch, KY. We love a little
restaurant called the Glitz located in an antique store. It was fun just being out with the girls.

Quite possibly the least flattering photo taken of me since Bennett was born. Despite my personal appearance, I loved being there with my Mom, Lorie and Katie. It was fun just talking and having a meal without being
interrupted by children. We had planned on having Emily come too, but it just didn't work out. It's
amazing to have such a great mom and sisters to have so much fun with.

I got a big surprise on Friday afternoon. Brent called to say he was headed home a day early. I didn't tell the kids because I wanted to see the look on their faces when Daddy walked in. I let them stay up way late and watch movies while we waited. I saw his car pull in and went downstairs to head him off, then ran in the room and told the kids I had a surprise for them. I loved the look on their faces. They were so surprised, and so excited. Daddy had presents for everyone, but I think the kids would have been just as happy to see him empty handed. Brent was so happy to see his littlest man. When Brent left, Bennett was four weeks old. When he returned, he was six weeks old and getting bigger by the moment. It was so wonderful to see my baby back home in his Daddy's arms where he belongs.

That same evening, I found this in Maura's room, During her rest time, she had put her dragon down for a nap, complete with a blanket, pillow and book.
The next day, we had a combination birthday party/going away party for Brad and Emily. They would be leaving for school that week and we wanted to have on last big party before they left. We're going to miss them so much when they're at school!

The plan for the evening was to have an awesome Mexican dinner and then project a movie on the barn for the adults. Maura heard the word movie and was convinced she was included in the plan. We ending up finding a movie that they wanted to watch and we had a mini family movie night at
Grammy's house before putting the kids to bed. Katie and Lorie enjoying some sister time.

We did let the kids stay up for the birthday portion on the evening. We celebrated Brad's birthday early and the kids were excited to give "Uncle" Brad his presents. Brad does treat the kids just like an Uncle would and they love him like family. YUM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment