Mom asked me to
house sit for her a few weeks ago. Ordinarily, this wouldn't appeal very much to me--taking on the responsibility for multiple pets all while trying to keep up with my own crazy brood. This vacation starved girl jumped at the chance! Just being out of our house for a few days was going to feel like such a vacation to me. The kids and I headed out on Wednesday afternoon to get some swimming in and to enjoy all the fun of being in the country. There's something about this trailer. The kids just HAVE to dance when they're on it. They're hilarious. Tristan and Maura were both singing different songs and dancing away.

So cute! You can see Smokey behind them. He's getting to be such an old horse. The best we can figure, he's about thirty years old and he's gotten really lame. I would have loved to have given the kids pony rides while we were out there, but there was no way I was putting them up on this crippled horse's back! We took lots of walks up and down the lane at Grammy and
Pappap's house. I just
received the
Moby wrap I ordered, figured out how to use it and let Bennett fall in love with it. He just gets so comfy in it that he falls asleep almost instantly!

My tractor obsessed boy wanted a ride on the big tractor, but settled for playing with this little red one because I don't know how to drive the big tractor. Correction--he settled for Mommy pulling him around the yard on this little red tractor. If ever I was missing Tristan while we were at Mom and Dad's house, I had only to look in the barn. He was always perched on top of the big tractor!

Sweet Bennett Boy turned nine weeks old while we were staying there. He's my smiley boy now, but he reserves his best smiles for his mommy. "This is my serious face."

Brent came home for the evening on Wednesday and Thursday nights, but left early Friday for Reserve duty. I knew I was really going to have to fill up the long empty day. Amy and Liam came over for lunch and swimming in the morning. They loved swimming and sitting out on the porch for snacks. Angie, Sarah and Leah along with Aunt Lorie and Alex came for dinner on Friday night. It was a bit crazy with six children aged four and under at the dinner table--very non-relaxing, but never a dull moment. I never managed to get my camera out!!
I'm pretty sure that we have an official thumb sucker on our hands. When he's not swaddled, that thumb creeps up into his mouth and he goes to town. He sometimes self soothes with it--thank you LORD!

Maura and Tristan had an absolute ball staying at Grammy and
Pappap's house. From the walks to the tractor, to Apple World and bike riding, it was nonstop fun there. Maura took to calling the apple trees Apple World and would frequently go out to find gnarly wormy apples to gnaw on. We actually picked up enough to make
applesauce one evening and the kids LOVED it! I think their favorite event of the weekend was riding down Grammy and
Pappap's "hill" on their bikes. The driveway slopes down toward the garage, and the kids can pick up a surprising amount of speed as they head down the hill. I always feel like it's necessary to stand at the bottom and keep wrecks from happening. I think back to my childhood and the gigantic hill that we rode down on our Big Wheels. I don't know how my mother kept from having a heart attack--or how we managed to come out alive!

Tristan, my lovable little bowling ball, could pick up some serious speed. He giggled all the way and I just love to hear that laugh. All in all, we had a great little "vacation" and enjoyed house and pet sitting very much!! Thanks Grammy and
Pappap!

2 comments:
Lovable little bowling ball... that's a keeper of a moniker! Ha! You Allens are just a fun bunch!
Are you liking your moby wrap? I loved mine and it helps so much when you have more than one kiddo to keep track of.
Post a Comment