
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Bennett Attends Church
Despite the fact that Bennett had travelled to three different states and visited museums, theaters, and restaurants, he hadn't attended church until he was six weeks old. We finally had an opportunity to all attend on the 1st of August. We could hardly wait to introduce our son to our church family and to our spiritual heritage. Family of five all together at church. SO proud of these sweet kids.
My little snuggle bug curled up in his Daddy's arms and slept through the majority of the sermon. I always expect that I won't actually get to experience the majority of the service until my babies are a bit older, but it's always a shock when I go and spend most of the time in the nursery.
Maura, my little singing girl. She looks for the microphone every week so she can "sing" into it. Our good friends the Rogers were at church that Sunday and Maura was able to cozy up to her friend Wesley.
Monkey see, monkey do. This little guy gets up and sings "Bobby do." I have no idea what that means--he totally made it up. Our after church photo. The kids looked adorable and I just wanted to document their sweet smiles. Oh, they just make my heart skip a beat--they are my heart walking around outside my body. I can't wait to watch them grow up together and I hope they always love each other as much as they do this day.

Bennett was DONE with the photo shoot, but Maura wanted so badly to hold him and have photos. She loves her little brother so much and gives him unlimited hugs and kisses. She's such a little mommy and I send her to check on the baby all the time. She runs and get diapers and clothing for me, lets me know when he spits up and keeps an ear open for his cry. I love that she is so excited about her baby brother. I knew that she would be fine with the baby, I just didn't expect that she would love him as much as she does. What a blessing to have such a great big sister in this family!! Precious, precious baby. I love this boy so much and feel so blessed to be his mommy! I love his smell, his fuzzy hair, his chubby thighs and his sweet smile. He just MELTS my heart!
Bennett has his very own version of the "very sad face." Tristan had the "very sad face" and it just tore at your heart when he made it. Bennett does the same thing. When he starts to feel neglected or sorry for himself, that lip just starts poking out. It's effective! Mommy can't stand to see that lip and I pick him right up!! This baby boy may be little, but he's a master manipulator! I can hardly wait to see how much manipulation he learns as he grows!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
So glad we got to be there for Bennett's big debut! He was a hit!
Post a Comment