Sunday, August 22, 2010
Good Friends and Goodbyes
We've had an insanely busy couple of weeks filled with travels for Brent, visits with friends, parties and saying our goodbyes to my sister and some very dear friends. In the midst of it all, we're still trying to live out normal life and establish an infant on a schedule, all while practically single parenting. Whew!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Luckily, I have the world sweetest infant. I'm working on getting him on a routine. Right now, he's feeding every 2-3 hours(usually every 2). We try to sneak in some activity time and a nap before the next feeding rolls around. I'm looking forward to him stretching out the time between feedings. When this baby sleeps, though, he really sleeps. When I see him getting sleepy, I generally have only to swaddle him, stick a paci in his mouth, jiggle him a bit and he's off to dreamland. He's been taking mammoth afternoon naps recently that I've had to wake him from. All in all, he's pretty much a perfect baby...not that I'm boasting or anything!!
Our very good friends came over one day when he was six weeks old to see him and visit with us. My good friend Hannah and her three kids, Wesley, Anna Kate and Carigan came by for a visit. Due to some cat allergies, I pulled out all my water play equipment and we had a swimming playdate in the backyard. For some reason, I didn't take any photos out in the yard, but did get this sweet one of Anna Kate and Maura when we made it back into the house. The kids had a ball pulling out every toy we own! Carigan is such a sweet and contented baby that she gives my adorable youngest a run for his money in the good baby category.
You wouldn't know it from the picture, but there are four squirmy, giggly youngsters under that parachute! You might be a redneck if you push your friend around in the back of a pickup truck! Just kidding! I was impressed by the kids' creativity in coming up with this particular amusement!
I really wish Hannah lived closer, but even with the distance, I consider her one of my closest friends. We are so blessed to have children almost the same ages and a mutual faith in the Lord that will always draw us together.
That same day, Emily stopped by for a short visit to say goodbye to the kids and I. She was heading out the next morning to go to vet school. It was really sad saying goodbye to her and realizing that this would no longer be her home. There are no guarentees that she'll ever move back to the area, so it was hard to say goodbye. The kids are really going to miss their Aunt Emmy! She managed to sneak in a few cuddles from her newest nephew. I think it's hardest to say goodbye to a little baby, knowing that they grow up so quickly and that you'll miss a lot of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Awww, we love y'all too! You are like family to us... in fact, you're in my blog & scrapbooks more than most real family members! Whenever anything is going on in my life, other than my mom you're the first person I want to call. You're such a blessing!
Post a Comment