Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Water Fun Playdate

It has been hot her in Kentucky. I mean REALLY, REALLY hot. Many days have been well over 90 degrees with head advisories over 100. It's hard to get out in weather like that, especially with a baby. We certainly can't stay holed up in the house all summer, though, so we've been braving the heat to spend time playing in the water. One morning, my friend Angie called and invited us all over for a water play date and the whole gang readily accepted. These cute kiddos have been friends forever!! Angie arranged a little picnic for them away from the flies and the heat and the kids loved it. Clockwise from the bottom: Lily, Maura, Sarah, Liam and Tristan. Tristan really thinks he's one of the big kids now. He's with them 100% in all activities.

Bennett boy looked thrilled to be joining the play date. Look at that double chin. I've been waiting for some chub to appear! Miss Amy got some cuddles in. I love my friend Amy SO much. She has been such a great friend to me and has taken care of me during some tough times in my life. My heart was so heavy a few weeks ago when she came and told me that they'd be moving back to Georgia. I am going to miss her friendship so much. I know that we have the type of friendship that will survive the distance, but it's so sad knowing that she won't be around the corner anymore. Maura and Tristan will miss Liam too! Hopefully we'll travel down Georgia way to visit them soon!


The kids played out in the bouncy house both before and after lunch and Sarah and Lily got to experience firsthand what having a pesky little brother is like. Tristan kept going to the top of the slide and laying down to block the entrance. Drove those girls NUTS! Maura was a super slider. I really think that if I offered my kids the option of going to an amusement park and going to play in Sarah's bouncy house, they might pick the bouncy house--they love it that much!

Sweet bathing beauties. Brent was doing professional development the day of the playgroup, so he snuck out at lunchtime for some face time with the kids. Now that football season is upon us, the kids see him a lot less, so he takes every opportunity to spend time with them.

Possibly our last complete playgroup shot. Dawn, Angie(Leah), Amy, and Me(Bennett). I love these girls! God had blessed me so much with these beautiful Christian sisters and they have truly enriched my life!

Bennett boy at 8 weeks old!! I can't believe he's already getting so big and old looking! He has the sweetest smiles. Most of the time he's very serious, but when I bend over and talk with him he breaks into this heart melting smile. Makes me smile every time!

OH MY!! I could just eat him up!!
post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Fun! Bennett is looking more and more like Brent. It's a good think Maura looks so much like you!

Angie said...

Awwww! We love you too :)