Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Katie

I'm officially getting old. My baby sister celebrated her 29th birthday the other day. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was celebrating the same milestone and now my second sister is already there! I think that your mind never really ages, but your body does and it's a bit disconcerting to look out of your "twenty year old" mind at your suddenly much older body. I digress. We had a really wonderful time celebrating Katie's birthday with some much needed girl time. Mom took us all out to a little herb farm locally with a nice cafe. Katie came down for the weekend and we celebrated with some yummy lemon geranium cake.

Well, I say girl time, but Mr. Bennett accompanied me too. I don't feel comfortable leaving all three kids with a babysitter at the same time yet. Alexandra came too. She's becoming such a beautiful little girl--there's very little baby left in her.

Lorie and Alex enjoyed lunch together with Alex wearing a dress that her awesome aunt bought her! I appreciate so much that Mom treats her girls to lunch pretty regularly. By the time I get done paying a babysitter, it would be an expensive outing to pay for lunch too! I loved the girl time, the conversation and the chance to get away and feel like something other than a mommy for a few precious moments.


That evening, we headed over to Mom and Dad's house for dinner to continue the celebration. I asked Maura to draw a picture of Pearl(Katie's dog) for a present for Aunt Katie. She obliged with this adorable specimen. I asked Tristan to draw too, but he wasn't interested until after we got into the car. He proceeded to whine the whole way to Mom and Dad's house about how he wanted to draw Pearl. Good times... Katie is always awesome about playing with the kids and they love her for it! Tristan thought this game of Peek-a-boo was hilarious.

Tristan "hiding." Sure, I can't see you, bud! This little boy has "stinker" written all over him!


One of the kids' favorite activity at Grammy's house is "fraying(spraying)" They spray the plants, floor, each other, pretty much everything in the sun room.






Brent actually made it out after practice to join us for dinner. Tristan was a grouch at first...but he warmed up nicely!

Mr. Bennett demonstrated his "Very Sad Face" for us all! This little face breaks his momma's heart! My girl loved celebrating the birth of one of her very favorite people.



Mr. Bennett at ten weeks. Someday he'll ask why he was posed on a pink pillow! Pappap made Tristan's night by offering him a tractor ride. He was in seventh heaven as he waited surprisingly patiently for his turn on the tractor. What a sweet boy! What fun birthday celebrations are!!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Ah, the return of the Very Sad Face. So funny! Looks like a fun place where you ate. Is it in Scott Co?? Happy Birthday Katie!