Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

These are some random photos from the last week of August/first week of September that I wanted to post. We've been so busy that I can barely catch a breath! I'm looking forward to school starting this week for the kids so I can have one morning a week just to feel like a normal person!!

Brent is super excited about college football starting up again. It's a long dry spell from mid January till September for Brent. He loved sharing the first football game of the season with his newest boy. Nothing like starting them early! Tristan told me the other day that he wants to play football when he gets big. Great.

During the last week of August, we had the sad experience of saying goodbye to some of our best friends. My dear friends Amy, Liam and Billy moved back to Georgia for a job there. Amy has been an awesome friend and support. She lives right up the street from me and I didn't realize how much comfort I took from her nearness until she came to tell me that they'd sold their house and were officially moving. I was so sad to lose the closeness of this wonderful girl, but I know that we have the kind of friendship that will continue across the miles. We'll just have to look forward to some great visits.

Miss Amy loves my kids and they love her! The kids love each other too. When Amy and Liam stopped to say their last goodbyes, Maura climbed up in their car and gave Liam a kiss full on the lips!


The kids have so much fun together. They're going to miss their buddy Liam. Maura and Tristan have asked to play with Liam several times since their move. Below is an example of the craziness that is a play date with my kids and Liam. They play together well. I'm mourning the loss of a boy friend for Tristan. He is getting to the point that he really loves playing with other boys.

Goodbye Liam!! We hope to see you again very soon!!






Bennett William has been spending a lot of quality time on his play mat. Being the third child means that he spends lots of time entertaining himself and THANK GOD he's the kind of baby who will entertains himself. He loves looking at all the toys and has even started grabbing them lately. It's only a matter of time before he's grabbing everything and putting it in his mouth.

Bennett is my smiley boy. He just loves to look at my face and if I'm busy with something will just stare at me until I look at him. When I do, his little face breaks into the most brilliant smile! He just melts my heart. He started laughing out loud at about ten weeks. Brent really got him going one morning when he was in the car seat and he just cackles. He was belly laughing at himself the other day when I was dancing him in front of the mirror. What a jolly little man!





I had to document Bennett's reaction to his first UK football game!! We had some friends over to watch the game with us and Bennett slept through the majority of it. Below is how he feels about the Louisville Cardinals!


I took these photos on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Brent had to make a quick trip to Tennessee to visit his Grandmother in the hospital, so I packed up all three kids and managed to attend church by myself. I was so proud of my achievement that I had to take photos! What a sweet bunch(most of the time). They warm my little heart!!


PS--If you're wondering about the new format of the blog, I'm formatting it so that it makes a better blog book. Half the reason that I blog anymore is so I can get that big beautiful blog book to document our family's daily life. Hope it's not too confusing.

post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Sorry you keep having to say good-bye to friends... just think of it as the global spread of the Allen Family Fan Club! Love the picture of Bennett asleep in his swing. So precious.

Sara said...

So sorry also that you had to "lose" a friend to moving. I lost two friends (and Rylan did, too) early this summer and it was much harder than I thought it would be. Praying for God to send new, close friends your way.