Here's how Maura feels about being housebound! Actually, she's done really well adjusting to our new schedule and we spend lots of time playing, but most of the playing involves her doing something and me sitting on the sidelines giving commentary to everything she does. She has quite an imagination. The other day, she dropped a Pooh character down beside the couch and she told me, "I send the clown(figure) to RESCUE him!" I'm still trying to figure out where she heard the word rescue, and how she knew how to use it in context. This child should have a monumental vocabulary because Brent is always teaching her huge words!
On Thursday, I got really sick of sitting in the house. It was a gorgeous day and I had promised Maura that we would go outside after her nap. We decided to go visit Grammy and Pappap because Brent was working late. Maura always has a fabulous time playing at their house and I love having two people to help entertain her!
Tristan got some good Grammy lovin.' It was Tristan's first trip to his grandparent's house. First of many, I'd say, because it's the one place that I know I can go and have everything I need. We'll be spending lots of time out there this summer in the swimming pool!
Maura got lots of hugs too, although I think she was anxious to get back down and play in the water again. She can't wait to swim. Today, I told her about Grammy opening up the pool and she said, "That'd be fun!"
Last night our friends Dawn, Jeremiah and Lily wanted to come see Tristan, but I really wanted to walk to the ice cream shop. We compromised on a group trip to the ice cream shop. Since we are in the same neighborhood as Bruster's we walk down all the time. Lily really did walk too--pushing the toy stroller containing a yard gnome! We were quite a procession!
We really enjoyed our walk down to Bruster's, even if I did end up carrying Tristan all the way home. Somehow, walking the mile of so down to the ice cream shop and back negates the 800 odd calories you're in taking in the ice cream.(At least we'd like to think so!) We made this walk multiple times throughout my pregnancy, thus the thirty odd pounds I still need to lose! I may have to switch to sorbet, because we're not going to give up the walk. Maura suggests a walk nearly every night after dinner. She says, "Walk down and get ice cream?" When I tell her it's a little too late, or that it's raining, she'll say, "OK, maybe tomorrow." We're glad she's so easily pacified! When she goes to the ice cream shop, she gets a free baby cone with sprinkles and eyes. She loves so much to have her own cone that she gobbles it down as quickly as she can and asks for licks from Mommy and Daddy's cone. That's a girl after my own heart!
A quick update on Tristan. At the doctor's office on Friday he weighed 9 pounds, 5 ounces, which means he's picking up roughly an ounce a day. The doctor was happy, so we don't need to go back until he's a month old. Yay Tristan! He's a super strong little boy and can already roll to his side. He's holding his head up really well too. I'll take some video of him on the Boppy soon and post it. He's amazing!





1 comment:
I'm jealous of you being in walking distance from Brusters!!! We live a mere 8 or 9 minute drive from Brusters, but we all know that it takes at least 20 minutes to just get everyone's shoes on, pack the diaper bag, and load up the car. As a result, we haven't been in over 2 years. I think we may have been once when Wes was a little baby. For all that work to get out the door, these days we head to McDonald's for ice-cream because they have a playground!
Post a Comment