My handsome little man. He had his circumcision first thing in the morning and I felt so sorry for him. The doctor said he didn't cry, but he looked pitiful when they brought him back to me, so I have my doubts. He looked so cute in his going home outfit. I'm so glad I didn't buy the newborn size!
Ready to head home. This blanket was made by Brent's great-grandmother and it's the one that Brent came home from the hospital in.
Getting ready to head out with little man. I had the nurse take it--she already thought I was a little ridiculous, why not?!?
First ride in a car! We were so happy to get him in the car and jet out of there for the LONG ride home.(It took us about three minutes to get home.)
Maura checking out baby brother. I don't know that she understood the reality of baby brother until he actually came home.
Giving sweet sister kisses. I think she understands now that brother is here to stay!
Outside our home. Welcome home little one.
What a big happy family. I can't believe I have two kids. That's just too wild!
Maura enjoying some good jumping time with daddy. She was WILD when we got home, which I thought was acting out about the new baby, but I think it really was just fatigue from a couple of big days. She's been fine since.
Grammy was there to meet us too and love on sweet Tristan. She brought us dinner too! Thanks Mom!
Our neighbor, Shauna, came over to meet Tristan. She had come to the hospital too, but the mean nurses wouldn't let him come out of the nursery to play. Something about his temperature being low--couldn't understand why it would make any difference if he was in the nursery covered in blankets as opposed to being held covered in blankets, but the nurses would not be moved. Oh, well.
Enjoying his swing. Two baby items that I simply could not do without are the swing and the bouncy seat. Tristan loves the bouncy seat so much that sometimes he'll calm down better in that than he will being held. We're going to try letting him sleep in it later tonight--it's gotta work better than the bassinet, right? Our sleep deprived brains are grasping at straws. This little one has his days and nights mixed up! He sleeps until 2 or 3 in the morning, then he's ready to rock and roll. We've gotta figure out something soon! Any suggestions?...
Also, if you're interested in looking at his hospital picture, you can view it now on the web nursery. It's http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits You just have to type in our town, Georgetown and the first three letters of our last name and it'll take you there. Enjoy!





3 comments:
Oh Julie,
Tristan is beautiful! I'm so thankful he's here and both of you are okay WITHOUT a C-section!
I loved the pictures. Can't wait to see him. Congratulations!!!
Love,
Patty Rhodes
I love Tristan's coming home outfit - he really fills it out, too! I'm glad Michael's not the only one that came home partially in pink. I see Brent's/Tristan's coming home blanket had some pink in it as did Michael's/Wesley's coming home outfit. It's the makings of a brave man to be so secure in his manhood! Ha!
He's so precious - can't wait to see him SOON I hope!
Happy Family of Four!
Hey Julie!
I am sooo scared to call you right now. I know that catnaps are survival. I work MWF this week and would love to come by on Tuesday or Thursday. Just give me a call sometime soon.
Angie C.
Post a Comment