Grammy met us there and helped me get the kids unloaded and out to the playground. Maura was so excited to see Grammy that she gasped, then ran to her. It's so cute when she sees Grammy somewhere out of her normal context. She gets so excited. Grammy took her on a super fun wagon ride.
Tristan really enjoyed the playground! After a few startles as I wheeled him over the bumpy ground, he settled down and snoozed through the rest of play time. Notice the cute stuffed giraffe toy beside him that matches the rest of the giraffe motif. Too cute.
This is a tremendously large slide. Maura isn't really that interested in it yet, but I wanted to see her go down it. I helped her climb up the mountain of hay bales to get to the top, but once there, I'm not actually allowed to ride the slide. So, we stood up there for a few minutes talking about how big the slide is.
Then she finally got brave enough to try it. What I don't have pictures of is her grabbing hold of the side of the slide, which slowed her enough to spin her around upside down. She made the remainder of the ride in this inverted position and arrived completely unhurt at the bottom. I think she thought it was funny, but she wasn't interested in trying the slide again!
Maura and Grammy. This is Maura's "Mom, you're taking too many pictures," look. Unfortunately, this is the last picture I took at the orchard. My sister, Katie, met us there and I didn't take any pictures of her. We lunched on Ham Apple Brie sandwiches and Strawberry Spinach salad. It was delicious! I bought some strawberries too and made a Strawberry Pie.
Sleepy, sleepy Tristan. He's still sleeping for much of the day, although he does have longer awake periods lately. He's doing better about waking up for feedings, which relieves me to no end. I'm tired of waking him up to eat and having to scrub him down with a cold rag. It just seems so inhumane. My brother came in for a visit this weekend. He lives in Corpus Christi, Texas at the moment, so he's not met Tristan yet. The above picture is how Tristan looked for Uncle Jeff's entire visit today.
Uncle Jeff meeting Tristan for the first time. A lot of people have told me that they think Tristan looks like Jeff. I have to agree that I think Tristan does favor him a bit. I'll have to scan in one of Jeff's baby pictures.
Tristan decided he can sleep just as well in Uncle Jeff's arms as anywhere else.
Jeff is a little intimidated by babies. He wasn't quite sure what to do when I handed Tristan to him. He's not a baby lover, but I know he'll enjoy Tristan more when he's a little older. I'm really glad that Jeff was able to come in this weekend and meet his little nephew. Tristan has finally met all of the Aunts and Uncles on my side. He still has lots of other family members to meet, something that we hope to take care of later this summer. We're having lots of fun introducing him to his family. He certainly is surrounded by love.





1 comment:
I know how special this visit was to you. One of my favorite pictures is when my brother first held Liam. It's so touching!
Post a Comment