Wednesday was a big day for Tristan. It was the day we gave him his first bath. He lost his umbilical cord on Tuesday, so I was so excited to put him in his bathtub the next day. Mom was there to give me a hand and to keep Maura occupied while I got my boy squeaky clean. Mom snapped a few pictures and filmed for me to document this monumental occasion. Tristan cried for a minute while I got him undressed, but he seemed to like it after he settled down.
Mr. Fussypants is just MAD about being undressed. Notice that he's covered for modesty!
Suddenly, he got really quiet and felt the water all around him. He closed his eyes and stayed that way for the rest of the bath. I'm sure that it reminds them of the womb. It's probably familiar and relaxing to them to feel submerged in warm water.
My little man in double! He still looks pretty fat and sassy in these pictures, but let me say, the fat rolls that were there on the day he was born are all but gone. How sad!
On Thursday morning, our friends Amy and Liam stopped by to see the baby and bring us some gifts. It was fun to visit with them. They're going to be moving in right up the street from us, so I'm looking forward to having some great neighbors. I'm sure we'll see a lot of each other this summer.
Tristan at 10 days old. This was Friday, and I took him back up to the doctor to weigh. I was so excited to see that he weighed nine pounds exactly. We're heading back up. Our next doctor visit is on Tuesday. Hopefully, he'll be even closer to his birth weight then. Babies are supposed to regain their birth weight by two weeks. I don't think we'll quite make it, but it should be reasonably close. Maura didn't regain her birth weight until one month. I think I was giving her skim milk!
Maura giving her baby brother some loving. She is really great with him and gives him kisses all the time.
My sweet girl giving me cuddles. I take every opportunity to cuddle her because she's otherwise in perpetual motion.
Brent's coworkers had a "shower" for him on Friday morning. It was a little cake and punch affair in the faculty break room and Tristan and I went up at lunchtime to show him off for the occasion. Believe it or not, I had my camera and completely forgot to take pictures. I'm so mad at myself! Thankfully, one of the teachers took pictures of the cake before it got devoured, so I can get that from her. It was a really nice shower and we loved showing off our little man. I was so busy talking to all the teachers that we really didn't have time to open gifts, so Brent brought them all home and we opened them that afternoon. It was so much fun!
Maura is always into gift opening, although she could really care less about what is actually in the present! She just loves tearing out the tissue paper. She calls it "toilet paper." Notice that she then throws it all around the room and stomps on it. So much for saving it!
Some big boy sleepers. I'm concerned that he's going to grow out of a lot of his 0-3 month clothes before he ever wears them just because he's so huge. I've been going through his closet and pulling out the tiniest clothes to wear first so that he can at least wear them once. It's been so cool here, too, that I can't put any of his summer clothes on him. Oh well, it won't be the first time a child grew out of clothes without wearing them.
Maura is fascinated with Tristan's pacifiers. I'm so glad that I didn't work hard at weaning her from her paci, because I know that this would have caused problems when she saw him using one. Every time she sees his paci, so feels that she MUST jam it into his mouth. Well, that's what SHE would do if she found her own paci lying around. I'm still trying to convince her that he doesn't need to suck his paci all the time.
Aunt Lorie stopped by yesterday for a quick visit. Maura just loves playing with her aunts and lights up every time one of them walks in. I just thought this picture was precious. I'm really enjoying sharing my kiddos with my family. Having them close is a blessing that I'm really going to miss with the mobilization. We did just find out, though, that Brent is probably not due to report to Fort Benning until July 11th now. We're still waiting for orders to confirm that, but it made me so happy that we can enjoy the summer together. What a blessing!





1 comment:
Mom called today to gloat that she got to see Tristan! So not fair that she got to see him before me! She said she wanted to ask to hold him, but dared not with all the Tristan-loving lurkers in the corners just waiting to descend!
Post a Comment