Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mission Impossible: Brent Blogs...




















For those of you that might not realize it, I am blogging instead of Julie. She is our designated social coordinator and blogger and I maintain almost no input into the operational control of the blog. Rather, I look at the blog and pronounce how good it is, how creative the prose might be, and much to Julie's frustration at times, provide proof reading and "constructive" criticism.

With that being said, I am now posting to this blog for the first time - EVER. Therefore I will apologize for any typos, poor photographic selections, and general errors in advance.

This first image is of Julie and I before the real labor began. Don't we look happy?!

Note that as the labor went on, things look a tad more serious and complicated. Apparently, there were a few concerns with the baby's heart rate, etc. There was a great deal of inexplicable medical terminology that was used in which I nodded and acted as though I understood it all. Julie did and when the doctor walked away I would check my translation with Julie to ensure that I "had a clue". Usually I was close...USUALLY. In the end, everything worked out well. Our second child, and first son, was born at 9:09 AM! He is truly a tank at 9lbs, 11 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Julie was truly outstanding during the delivery - she is very strong and tough, and I am proud of her.
We have named our son Tristan Wesley. Tristan is a Celtic/Irish name meaning "bold" and we pray that he will be bold for Christ, truth, and righteousness in his lifetime. Tristan is also a literary character dating back to ancient Celtic myth and Arthurian legend, and used more recently in some of Julie's favorite books (Creatures Great and Small being one of them).
Wesley is my middle name, although that was not the reason for the choice. Julie loved and wanted the name. It is a family name (my grandfather), and is the name of a heroic character, the "Dread Pirate Roberts", in one of her favorite books (The Princess Bride; which is very different than the movie).
So, together in historical-literary translation would be something to the effect of "bold warrior from the western meadow".
All in all we are blessed by God with a new child. He is healthy and safe and we are thankful to Christ, from whom all blessings come. We look forward to a great life teaching all of our children to walk in the ways of God's wisdom.
I hope you have enjoyed my limited post. I promise that Julie will soon be back in the role of creative writer, extraordinaire!




















3 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

He's here!!! Brent failed to mention that his name is Tristan Wesley, for all of you readers that may not already know! He's so wonderful, Julie! Fills my heart with joy to know you have your son in your arms! You look fab in the photos, by the way... you must have taken some time to freshen up after all that pushing! Ha! Not a puffy nose in sight!

Good first effort, Brent... more about how wonderful Julie is, though. ;o) She did just push out a 10 pound baby, 'ya know!

Love you guys!

mommy of girls said...

Great job posting, Brent Wesley!!! I am so very proud of you!

What a cute little man you all have!!! He's adorable and I can't wait to see him in person. And Julie...you look fantastic...I can't believe you were up all night and just had a baby. You go girl.

My only "comment" about your post, Brent, is to have included all the fun stuff...name, weight, height, time, you know, the stuff that every woman is going to want to know! :-) But, I did get a call from Julie, so I'm up to speed...I can't wait to meet your son. How fun is that to say??? You all have a daughter and a son. And I still can't wait to hear what sweet Maura thinks!

Love you all! Congratulations...he's precious!

Anonymous said...

Brent,
you did a great job as a blogger. You are a wonderful husband and father too. Congratulations on you sweet little boy, what a gift from God!