I know I say this every week, but I can't believe my baby is eight weeks old! We are coming closer to not being a newborn anymore. I can't believe the changes this week. Tristan is much more aware, can see a lot farther, and is really getting interactive. After every feeding, I prop him up on my lap for a little chat. He makes great eye contact and starts smiling at me. He coos and gurgles at me, carrying on the sweetest conversation you'll ever hear. Tonight, he even gave us a giggle. At first, I thought it was another little sound, but then I did something even funnier and he did it again. So, I guess his first laugh was officially at exactly eight weeks. We're loving his personality. He's a laid back little guy for the most part. When he's awake, he's usually extremely pleasant. When he gets tired, he fusses a little, letting us know he's ready for a nap. I wrap him up in a tight swaddle and we bounce for a minute or two, and then he falls asleep. We hope to eliminate both the swaddle and the bouncing at some point in the future, but for now we're just going with what works. He's still sleeping in the bouncy seat too, but we're going to work on lying down to sleep this week. Wish me luck--I might get a lot less sleep myself this week because of it.

He's officially a thumb sucker. He tries as hard as he can to escape from the swaddle so that he can get his hand to his mouth. Often, I'll know that he's escaped by the telltale sucking sounds
emanating from the bundle beside me.

"Who me?"

What a big boy!! I tried him in the
Bumbo seat tonight to see if he could manage it yet. He's so strong and holds his head up really well, but tires easily. He was happy to sit there for about five minutes before he let us know that he was DONE!

Handsome little mister! I moved him up to 3-6 month clothes starting tonight. He is bursting out of most of his 0-3 month outfits. This weekend while we were in Pennsylvania, I found myself really wishing that I'd gotten the 3-6 month clothes out before we'd left. I was having a hard time cramming him into the too tight clothes. Now he has room to spare! We can't wait to see all his new duds on him! Stay tuned for lots of pictures from our trip to Pennsylvania.

No comments:
Post a Comment