
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Goodbye to Good Friends
We had our last playgroup before the move today. I had it at our house even though it was a disaster area. I figure that my friends love me enough to overlook my mess! If you look behind the girls you can see that the dining room has been overtaken by boxes.
We got all the girls to stand in one place for a picture by asking them to hold hands. Otherwise, they're all going in about fifty directions.
What a sweet bunch of kiddos. They're so cute, they're really starting to play and interact together. By interact I mean fight, but it's fun to listen in on their little conversations. We told Maura and Sarah to stop fighting and hold hands together, and they walked holding hands around the entire house before settling down to play. Maura said, "Lets go play with the Weebles together." So cute.
Probably the last photo with the kids in this house for awhile. I joined Facebook(Yes, Facebook!!) yesterday, and went looking for a recent photo of me with both kids. That picture doesn't exist! I need to do a better job of actually getting in my photos. It'll be easier to be photographed when I lose another 22 pounds. That's my current total weight loss. Yay!
Near the end of the play date, Maura ran upstairs after the cat and Sarah and Lily followed. Maura came back out of my room wearing this bra! She knew she was being funny too! It's amazing how two-year-olds want to copy EVERYTHING!
She then "shared" with Sarah and they proceeded to play tug of war with it!
Angie and Sarah. I'm going to miss our heart to hearts and all the advice. We'll keep in touch over the phone, I know.
Dawn and Lily. We're going to miss our sweet neighbors and the ability to call you up to share walks whenever we want.
Maura and Sarah saying goodbye.
Lily and Maura giving lots of hugs.
We tried to get the girls to pose for us. This is about the best you can expect from two-year-olds. Lily looks like a little lady in her pink dress with her legs crossed!
Love how Maura is just reclining back and waiting for the photo shoot to end. I can just see these girls together in about sixteen years. We love these friends like sisters and we'll hold you in our hearts always! Keep in touch!! We'll miss you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
How special!!! The bra pic is a hoot. Maura is the most anatomy-aware little girl I've ever met! Wesley is oblivious to all things that Maura notices instantly!
Julie, don't worry about the physical distance. I will still call with questions and observations weekly. You can't get rid of me that easily!
Angie
Post a Comment