Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tristan's New Mobile

Tristan has a new best friend. The mobile that I used for Maura somehow broke while it was being stored, so I used some of his gift cards to buy him a spiffy new mobile. He LOVES it. I just put it together yesterday and mounted it on his crib and he's been mesmerized ever since. Several times, I've laid him in his crib and come back to find him almost asleep. I hope that this will be a sleep tool for us. We're going to start working on falling asleep on our own in the next few weeks. I don't want to get into the same pattern with him that I had with Maura of always rocking to sleep. Wish me luck!
Tristan has even been talking to the mobile and I don't think he realises that he's the one making the noise. Every once in awhile, he'll make a really big noise and then look around to see where it's coming from!
I'm really glad that he's starting to be more interested in his toy and to "play" with things nearby him. He frequently hits the rattles next to him, which I think is a complete accident, but he is really interested in them.
Look at that rapt attention. I recognize that stare from somewhere! He stares like Brent!
"I love my new mobile Mommy, Thanks!"
I caught some pictures of the Very Sad Face. He makes this face a lot when he's getting sleepy. It isn't always associated with crying. Most of the time, that lip starts poking out a few minutes before tears actually ensue.
It's such a pitiful little face that it always gets a response. This little boy knows how to pull on Mommy's heartstrings already.
Yesterday, Maura and I were playing a chase game back and forth in the upstairs and I added the element of trying to take a picture of her running around. She thought it was great fun and yelled, "Take a picture of me!" while she ran. She actually posed for this one, what a cutie!
Look at that, I don't even think her feet are touching the ground! This little girl can move!
Maura loves all the boxes I have out now to pack in. She always wants to get in them and hide. I gave her one of her very own to hide in and she had great fun.

A girl and her cat. I hate that we're not taking the cats to Georgia with us. Luna is going to a new home and Thea is going to go stay with my sister's boyfriend till we get back. Maura doesn't know it yet, and I think I'm not going to tell her and hope that all the confusion and changes of moving mean that she doesn't really even realize they're gone for awhile. She loves these kitties and she'll definitely miss them, but I just can't bear to have the tears at seeing them actually leave. Hopefully we won't scar her for life by giving away her beloved pets. I am going to take lots of pictures of them and we'll frame them for her room once we get to Georgia.
We've actually found a house down in Georgia and signed a lease for it today. I'm as excited about it as I can be. It's funny, I don't want to move and I'm going to be so sad to do so, but I'm actually a little anxious to get down there and get our lives back in order. It's kind of bittersweet. The house has four bedrooms, a covered patio and a privacy fence, so it's going to be really nice. The fourth bedroom is for guests, so we're expecting lots of visitors! We're missing Brent a lot and if you're wondering about the daily posts, they're actually for him. He got his orders today to assign him to a battalion, but he's still not sure what he'll be doing. He's actually on his way home right now. I don't think he could stand to be away from his kiddos one day longer and since he didn't need to be around for anything this weekend, he's heading our way. I can't wait to see Maura's face when he surprises her in the morning!!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Oh, The Very Sad Face is very sad indeed!!! What a dramatic little boy you have! Adorable. I'll have to get a mobile for the next baby (no news to report at the present time). I've never used a mobile, because as a first-time mom I was terrified of any possible hazard. Now I'm like, "If it will help my baby sleep, bring it on!!" Glad you got the house! Where is Luna going?