Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eleven weeks old!

Tristan is eleven weeks old today. What a sweet little chunk! He's getting ready to grow out of a lot of his 3-6 month clothes! I'm scrambling to find 6-9 month clothes that he'll be in in the next month or so! It's hard to believe he's such a big guy because Maura was so petite for so long. Not this little tubbby tub!
He's such a happy guy. He has a wonderful personality and he's getting more and more interactive. Can't you just see him saying, "Goo!" in this picture!
"Thumbs up, Mommy! You're the best!!"
My little bathing beauty. She loves the bathtub and I think she'd stay there for hours if we'd let her! I've truly been challenged for the past week and a half with being a single parent. I'm definitely not cut out for the lonely life! I've had lots of help from family and friends, but it's still difficult to tackle bath and bedtime by myself. Yesterday and today have felt like triumphs when I had both kids bathed and in bed by 8:30. I felt like I'd just run a marathon, fatigued and jubilant! We're all looking forward to being back together as a family again. Maura is doing great with talking on the phone to Brent. She tells him long stories that he only catches a few words of. Tonight, she told him that she was eating cookies and dunking them in her milk and that she helped make them to send to him. It melted his heart! She always ends the conversation with "I love you, I do do. Bye!" We're not sure where that came from but it's really adorable! We have a definate move date of August 2, so we only have about a week and a half at home. That gives me a heart attack to read! I still have so much packing to do. Ooops, I hear the baby!



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Tristan is so big already, I can remember when you told me you were pregnant. I can remember telling you I was pregnant and that was almost 2 years ago!! Where does the time go? We have lived her for 2 yrs now and we are said to be losing such a great neighbor, good neighbors are hard to come across!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating the blog - I enjoy seeing my family! I can't wait to see you again!

love
brent

Michael and Hannah said...

How do you get these kids that look SOOOOOO much like you?!! I can't get over it. Tristan and Maura resemble like twins, and they both look like you. I'm glad the Allen clan will be united again in just a few weeks! Can't wait to come visit y'all.

Anonymous said...

Julie - I just had to point out something embarrassing that I noticed whilst perusing your blog...I am wearing the same blue shirt in at least FOUR of your pictures on your blog!!!! (There could even be more - yikes!) I didn't realize I wore it so much! It is one of my favorite (obviously) - and I need to stop wearing it so much. I feel like a dork! Oh dear....anyway, I had to talk about this! Bye!