
Monday, July 7, 2008
Fun Under the Covers!
Well, July 7th is our seventh anniversary. Brent and I have actually been together for almost eleven years, which is so hard to believe. We have so much shared history together and so many wonderful memories. It's been quite a journey to get to where we are, and we've had mountaintops and valleys, but I wouldn't trade any of it for any amount of money. We've shared a lot of "firsts" together; first home, first "real" jobs, first child. It's been a wonderful seven years! Thinking back to our wedding day, it's easy to see how much we've grown as a people and as a couple since that day. The Lord has truly blessed us and we're so grateful that He brought us together. Here's to another seventy years together!! Anyway, being our anniversary, I thought you all might enjoy a little "under the cover action" photography. Get your minds out of the gutter!! Actually, this morning, Maura decided that it was great fun to play under the covers and recruited Brent to join in her little game.
I think she looks so much like Brent in the picture! She gave me the courtesy of peeking out for the obligatory "Maura! Look at me!" shot.
Here's what I saw for much of the time as I sat nursing Tristan. This big lumpy bump was in constant motion as Maura crawled and twisted and turned in her "tent."
"I'm going in for more, Mom!" This little flowered dress was given to her the night before at a cookout where she spent a little time in the sprinkler. When we got home, she didn't want to take it off! She slept in it and then refused to be changed out of it for a long time in the morning. It's really the first article of clothing that she's seemed to be attached to.
My two goofs! Every few minutes, one or both of them would poke their heads out. I'm not sure how they didn't suffocate under there!
Brent did suffer a few blows to the head, courtesy of Maura's thrashing limbs. You have to be really careful when you play with her because she has no idea where all her limbs are flailing! You can frequently end up with a head to your nose or a foot to the groin!
Nothing left but a foot! Brent and Maura have such a great time playing together. They've gotten even closer since Tristan was born and Maura has turned into a real "daddy's girl." She's going to miss him so much when he goes to Georgia.
Speaking of Georgia, we decided to make the most of the free family babysitting while it lasts. We went out last week just for the heck of it and then again tonight for our anniversary. We went to Portofino's, which is a real restaurant with a real professional chef. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I forgot to take pictures until the dessert arrived. Should have gotten the waitress to take pics of both of us, but I just got a picture of Brent with our delicious cake!
Tristan turned two months old on Sunday. I actually forgot to take pictures of him all day long, and remembered at about 11:30 that night, just before we went to bed. As you can tell, he's swaddled up like a burrito, which is necessary to keep him from waking himself up when he startles. He's also sleeping in his bassinet! YAY! No more sleeping in the bouncy seat at night.
Tristan turned nine weeks old today. It was also his two month checkup. He was 24 inches long, which is the 85th percentile. He weighed in at 13'10'', which surprised me a little because I thought he was closer to 15 pounds. He's in the 90th percentile for weight. What a little chunker! He got five shots today, which made him scream, but the picture above is what he looked like just a few minutes later after he had a little "snack." This is a rare paci picture, because he ordinarily won't have anything to do with one!
Poor little legs. It was just pitiful to see all those shots and then his double band aids!
He's still been my sweet little boy all day, despite the shots. So far, so good, no fevers. He's just been really sleepy, which is never a bad thing, is it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment