Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We LOVE our Friends!


We went to our friends Lily and Dawn's house for a playdate yesterday. We've been getting the kids together for playdates for a full two years and I think the adults enjoy them more than the kids do. On our first playdate with Sarah, Maura couldn't even sit up yet and Sarah had just learned! It's amazing how much they've all grown up since that time. I truly treasure the "Mom" friends that I've made. It's such a comfort that others are going through the same things as me at roughly the same time. I love these ladies because they're real. None of us have to pretend that things are always perfect at our houses. I'm going to miss them all so much when we go. Dawn, Angie and Amy, you guys are the best. I love you! Tristan was a hit at the playdate. The girls loved him, but the boy, Liam, didn't even notice him. Funny how that works even at this age.
Amy kept all the kids occupied. She was drawing all the pictures the requested and they loved it! It looked like she was teaching a class! I've never seen all four of these kids stand still all at the same time.
Maura was being a goof! I don't know how I'm ever going to keep a hair bow in her hair!
Dawn, Lily and their new puppy, Tuppy. The kids all loved the puppy--she was so sweet. She makes me want a puppy until I think back to March when we kept Patton for a week. I'm definitely not ready for a puppy!
Sarah LOVES Tristan. In fact, I think she likes him more than Maura does. Angie says that she talks about him all the time and prays for him every night.
Sarah, Angie and Tristan enjoying some cuddle time. Sarah just couldn't get enough of him!
Liam was kicked back in front of the TV(which wasn't on) in the dog bed, enjoying a (pretend) Coke. How cute!
On Monday evening, we went out to my mom and dad's house for dinner. We enjoyed catching up with my Aunt Barbara who had flown in from Baltimore for a visit.
Aunt Barbara brought Maura this cool Ariel doll that she just LOVED. As you can see, she could hardly take her eyes off it. I've caught her playing with it in the sink at least four times since she got it! It was great to visit with my aunt. I don't get to see my extended family very often, so it's a real treat when we see each other. Thanks, Aunt Barbara for the fun presents!





post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

You really are blessed with so many play-date friends! I know they'll be hard to leave, but Maura will make lots of new friends in Georgia. I know the church there is choc FULL of kiddos!