We were so excited to be able to celebrate my grandparent's 60
th wedding anniversary with them this past weekend. It's such a milestone for any marriage to survive 60 years, but I've been blessed to have had both sets of my grandparents reach 60 years. I think that's pretty amazing these days. My grandmother told us that she didn't want a big fuss, but that's what she got and she ended up loving it! My sister, Lorie, was really proactive about planning the whole thing and we just joined in at the end to make it a fabulous event. Everyone had a great time.

My grandparents, Rosemary and Clarence Bridge with their children. From left to right, their middle child Ray, his wife Sylvia, the oldest Nance, her boyfriend Joe, my Grandmother, my Grandfather, the baby(my Dad) Paul and my mom Patti.

All the
grandkids and their spouses. My sister did a much better job than me of taking group pictures, but she copyrighted them and I can't include them!

My cousin's fiancee made a beautiful quilt for them that they really enjoyed. We also put together a bunch of my grandmother's recipes in a cute little tin for a favor.

The Allen family getting to enjoy a really great dinner. Where is Tristan??

My cousin, Brian, and his fiancee, Amanda. They're actually having their
rehearsal dinner at this place, so they were excited to try it out in advance.

My sister, Katie and her boyfriend, Scott. Aren't they adorable??

My sister, Emily, and her boyfriend, Brad. I'm so impressed that these boys travelled all the way up for the party. They were able to meet the whole family and everyone really loved getting to meet them.
Pappap and Tristan just hanging out. Yes, I have Tristan in yet another adorable, not very comfortable outfit! He looked so handsome!

While we were eating dinner, Tristan was in an exceptionally pleasant mood and he was smiling at everyone. I took the opportunity to get the first pictures of his sweet smiles. He's been smiling since about four weeks, but he's much more social now. Sorry they're so blurry, I was having to talk to him to make him smile.

Beautiful Bright Eyes!

Such a pleasant little man. Tristan has a sweet personality. He's a charmer and really laid back most of the time.

Mommy and her sweet boy. I really loved getting to introduce him to my whole family.

Grammy and Tristan. Thank goodness my parents were there that night or I'm not sure if I would have gotten to eat!

My grandmother was just overwhelmed by it all. She couldn't say enough about the decorations, the food and the company. They were so excited that every one of their children and grandchildren were able to attend. I think their favorite moment was getting to walk into Mass with all of us. She was so proud of her family.

My grandmother opened a special plate that was cast out of bronze just for them. They'll treasure it. My grandparents will talk about this dinner party for the next few years! It was truly a highlight for them.

My brother Jeff flew in from Florida and
surprised everyone. He thought Tristan was huge since the last time he saw him.

These guys will be good buddies one day.

The Bridge Men: Paul Clarence, Clarence Paul, and Raymond

Daddy and Maura enjoyed the party with Maura running up and down the hall for most of the evening! Thankfully, she was totally consumed with that and the hallway was separated from the room. She was practically invisible for the whole night and Brent was so great to keep an eye on her so that I could spend time with family. We truly enjoyed this very special celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment