
Monday, July 21, 2008
Wonderful, Wonderful Weekend
No, your eyes are not decieving you, and these aren't pictures from a while ago. This is a picture of Brent and Maura from THIS PAST WEEKEND! Brent was so bored down in Georgia with no real job yet and without a private room. He was missing his wife and kids, so he hopped in his car on Friday evening and drove straight through and got home about 1:30AM. I was so glad to see him! I'm not cut out to be a single parent! I get so lonely without someone physically there to talk to in the evenings and so worn out trying to deal with both kids all day. He was such a huge help to me this weekend. Maura was so happy to see him first thing Saturday morning. She said, "Daddy's home from Georgia!" She couldn't get enough of him and kept dragging him away to play with her. She is truly a daddy's girl now.
On Saturday afternoon, we headed over to a local "farm" for a Vegetable Festival. Things were pretty well cleaned up by the time we got there at 5:00, but they still had the animals out for the petting zoo. Maura and Daddy loved checking out the bunnies.
Maura loved the goats and has been imitating them ever since. "Maaaaaa!"
This momma bunny had three little babies with her. So cute! Maura wanted to touch the babies, but they jumped away pretty quickly when you stuck your fingers through to pet them.
The chicks were the most fascinating thing for her. She studied them and studied them, but she couldn't get too close because they all ran to the other side of the cage when she got too near.
Feeding the goats clover. Notice I'm wearing my baby. Tristan was so sleepy that he had to be held, but it was at least ninety degrees. He was burning up in that front pack!
This little boy took an interest in Maura and showed her around. I think he must have been the son of one of the workers. He knew the goat's names and he told her all about the chicks and the bunnies. She loved it all and it made me wish that we hadn't skipped the petting area at the zoo a few weeks ago.
That evening, we went for what will probably be our last family trip to Bruster's for awhile. Bruster's is at least a weekly adventure for us. The last few months of my pregnancy, we walked down at least once a week. Since I've delivered, we go almost as frequently. Even though I'm on a diet, I'm able to save enough points to get ice cream every now and then. Brent was enjoying his double scoop!
Since the weather has gotten so hot, we've changed over to a family drive to Bruster's. It's hard to justify eating the ice cream when you haven't actually walked down to get it, but I'm usually able to put that from my mind! Maura always gets the vanilla baby cone with sprinkles and candy eyes. She loves it, and it's just enough ice cream for her. Lately, though, she's started begging for the kids sundae with "worms and dirt." So far I've told her no, mostly because you actually have to pay for that one! I did tell her I would buy her one if she would start going poo-poo in the potty. So far, bribery has gotten us nowhere!
My one diet concession that I've had to make is to downsize from a waffle cone to a sugar cone. It's not too hard when you consider that there aren't too many diets that allow you to eat ANY ice cream! I call it my Ice Cream Weight Watchers Diet. So far, even eating ice cream, I've lost 16 pounds in five weeks! Woo-Hoo! Tristan is crying because I wouldn't share my ice cream with him! Brent headed back to Georgia on Sunday, and we really miss him, but we at least know that it'll be less than two weeks before we see him again now.
Friday night, Maura and I went out to eat with our friends Angie, Chris, Brandy and David and their kids. My parents were kind enough to keep Tristan so I could actually eat with both hands. It was so easy having only one child to worry about. Why did I ever think that was a big deal?? Maura loved eating out with her friends.
After dinner, we walked over to look at a railroad car. You can see the difficulty that we had in having all three kids look at the camera at the same time.
Maura loves her friend Sarah. She's the first person that we pray for every night! Sweet girls!
Yes, I did allow my child to stand on the railroad tracks! We checked for trains before we let the kids loose and they loved playing on the ties and throwing the stones. Thanks, Nan, for the super cute outfit!
Lots of railroad track fun!
I just thought this picture was a pretty good illustration of my Maura. She's always going the other way when everyone else is going the same way! Perhaps she'll be a leader, not a follower someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I loved seeing the pictures! We had a great time, though short, this weekend! I can't wait to move you down to our new, temporary, Georgia home!
I cannot adequately describe how HOT it is down here! Kentucky heat is child's play compared to this!
Love
brent
Post a Comment