Monday, December 27, 2010

Busy December Days

We had a crazy December! It was jam packed with fun holiday events. The Saturday before Christmas was no exception! We had three different events scheduled that day and spent the whole day scurrying between them.
First thing in the morning, we all went over to Micah and Lorie's house to celebrate Micah's birthday with a brunch. It was fun seeing everyone and my kids loved watching the dogs.

Happy Birthday Uncle Micah!!
Below: We left that party early and arrived(late) to celebrate Sarah's birthday. Her princess party was MUCH anticipated by my children. Maura was excited that she got to dress up as Ariel. Sarah was resplendent in her royal red dress.

Lily had a great time with the sand art while Bennett had a great time just looking around at all the excitement. Check out that wild hair!! I might be heading to the barber sooner rather than later with this baby to tame that fro!

Tristan had SO much fun becoming a prince. He was so insulted when I suggested to him that he could stay home from the party with Daddy. NO WAY! I think he was more excited about coming to the party than Maura was! All morning, he kept telling me, "I want to go to Sarah's party RIGHT THIS MINUTE!"
Below: Sarah blew out the candles of her beautiful princess cake while everyone looked on. It was a triumphant party thanks to Sarah and Angie's careful planning!

We headed home for a very short time and a quick sword fight before heading out to our evening activities. Grammy picked up Maura and Tristan and took them to McDonald's and then on to see the Christmas lights at a fire station that is decorated. She then took the kids to her house were we all met for a party to watch A Christmas Carol. It's a tradition that we've been practicing for almost twenty years with another family. This year, I let Maura stay up and watch it with us. I think she was a little scared, but she really enjoyed being a big kid and getting to watch the "big people's movie." It was fun sharing that tradition with my big girl. Whew! It was a whirlwind of a day and I'm grateful that we generally do days like this only around the holidays! No wonder we're exhausted by the time Christmas arrives!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

You're a blogging MACHINE!!! Guess whose husband is home from work this week?! Maura always has the most gorgeous coats!