Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GLORIA!

On the Sunday before Christmas, our church put on the first Christmas play that I've seen in the fourteen years that I've attended. I'm so glad that it happened the year that my child could actually participate! All children three years old and up were asked to play a part and Maura was THRILLED when she learned that she would be an angel! She was so excited to get to dress up in costume and get up on that stage!

That morning after church I just had to snap a photo of my kiddos in all their Christmas finery. They looked so adorable. Bennett even fit the outfit that Tristan wore for his first Christmas!

Below: Tristan and Daddy waited with anticipation for the Christmas play to begin. Tristan technically could have been in the play too, but I thought we'd give him another year before we unleashed him on the stage.


My Bennett didn't know what all the excitement was about, he was just glad to be there!
Below: Maura in the "green" room before all the excitement started.

Tristan played peek-a-boo while we waited and then the play began. It was an adorable interpretation of the Christmas story with Mary riding on a "real" donkey. Then, it was time for the heavenly host to appear! My little Christmas angel lit up the stage. Actually, she was kind of a stage hog. She started out in the back, but managed to push her way to the front during the course of the song. She actually sang "Angels We Have Heard on High."

Mary, Joseph and all the rest of the cast were just wonderful and the play was a huge success! We have the BEST children's minister and volunteers at our church! Love them!

My little angel with her too small angel costume and repurposed flower girl dress. I never dreamed we'd get so much use out of that flower girl dress!
Below: After the performance, we enjoyed refreshments and I got to snap this photo of all THREE of my angels! I am triply blessed!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

LOVE the Christmas play!!! So many little faces I love on that stage! And hey, you got a winner winner chicken dinner with that shot of all 3 of your kids by the tree! That's a rare feat!