Friday, December 31, 2010
New Years Eve Part 1
We had WAY too much fun this New Years Eve. Normally, we just enjoy the day off before heading over to my parent's house for a NYE party. This year, though, I decided to change it up a bit. Although my kids love going over to my parents, they only get to enjoy a few hours of the party before we put them to bed. I wanted to give them a chance to ring in the new year too! We opted for a spur of the moment kids New Years Eve party during the day. We had all our friends come at 10 am for brunch, playtime and a New Years ring in at 12 in the afternoon. It was really fun, as these photos will attest!
These two photos are actually from the day before when Brad and Emily stopped by. It was the first time that we'd seen Brad since August, so we were pretty happy to see him and catch up. He couldn't believe how huge Bennett was--and how cute too! He brought gifts for the kids and Maura could not have been more pleased with her dragon dog toy! It's one of her favorite Christmas gifts!

On to the party...Lily and Sarah both had lots of fun playing with all the new Christmas toys. We couldn't tear Lily away from the castle. It's right up her alley! Sarah, of course, headed straight for the dress up clothes. No surprise there!

Tristanounged on the bed, newly adorned with a comforter that Maura got from Grammy and Pappap for Christmas. Carter was hanging out up there too...how young is too young to ban boys from the bedroom?

Leah was feeling like a big girl and making a break for the stairs, while Alex dialed 911 to get some help.

Pretty soon it was 12 and time to ring in the new year. I talked with the kids about what we were doing and why, but I'm not sure that they fully grasped the concept. What they DID understand was that we got to make a lot of noise and pop poppers. Aunt Lorie helped Tristan with his. I loved her face! Maura gathered up all the confetti for the obligatory confetti on the head photo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Awwww, wish I could have been there... at least I got to call in the middle of it!
Post a Comment