That evening, we had a tree decoration party. I made hot apple cider and snacks and the kids watched Daddy get the tree put up and lighted.

Bennett was pretty excited about all the activity! He loves watching his siblings and I'm not sure if he knew what to think about the giant tree in his living room. He was most excited, though, about the musical Rudolf snow globe!

Kisses for Rudolf! He's still such a snugly boy! We're still swaddling at six months. I guess we're going to have to wean him from the swaddle eventually, but I'm just not in a hurry!

The kids had a ball decorating the tree. They loved getting all the ornaments out and hearing where each one came from. Brent and I have been buying ornaments everywhere we travelled since we were married, so most of our ornaments tell a story. I love that our Christmas tree isn't uniform--it's a mismatch of all the wonderful events and memories of our lives.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Oh Christmas Tree
We were WAY late getting our Christmas tree this year. Generally, we try to go out the week after Thanksgiving and cut a tree and try to get it up as soon as possible so we can really enjoy it. This year, it just didn't happen for us. We had an exceptionally busy December, and this, coupled with the frigid temperatures meant that we didn't get a tree until around the second week in December. Finally, one day after school we decided to head out in our tree quest. The first night, we got to the tree farm only to find out that the farm had closed moments earlier. Disappointment! Anyone who has three children knows just how difficult it is to get everyone ready and out the door. The next evening I started even earlier and we managed to get to the tree farm before dark! It was only nine degrees outside, but we braved the cold temperatures for a few minutes to find just the right tree!
Here it is!! I doubt that the kids were as excited about the tree as I was--especially Bennett! We quickly cut down our tree, loaded everyone back into the wagon and headed back to the shelter and the fire!

Our triumphant pick. Bennett was already tucked snugly back into the car. Nine degrees is too cold for anyone, especially a baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
A REAL Christmas tree!! Wish I could smell it! Love Maura's jammies.
Post a Comment