Bennett wasn't sure what to think of all the excitement--he was just excited to be there!

Initially when we got downstairs, Tristan was interested in only one thing--the video camera. He didn't notice the gifts or the lights--no he just wanted to film. Eventually, we were able to turn his attention by pointing to his pile of gifts and saying, "Hey Tristan! What is that thing with wheels?" He looked, his mouth dropped open, he pointed, then he ran over shouting, "Wook! A Scooter! A Lightning McQueen scooter!" So excited! Santa really delivered! Maura was delighted with the butterfly garden he brought her. She can't wait to order her caterpillars and watch them turn into butterflies!

Tristan was soon really into the present opening! Bennett was just into the wrapping paper. You hear people say not to bother buying the baby anything for Christmas because they prefer the wrapping paper--it's true. He cried when we took the paper away. I'm pretty sure we didn't get that kind of reaction from any of the toys!

Below: Brent took the kids to look for gifts for me this year and they picked out a pretty glass heart necklace for me. Maura was SO PROUD! She couldn't wait to give it to me! She's such a sweet girl!

I even got some sweet cuddles from my big boy--truly a wonderful Christmas gift! I rarely get snuggles from him anymore! After the mayhem of the initial gift wrapping was over, we headed to the kitchen to build up our strength with a yummy breakfast of monkey bread, sausage, eggs and pineapple!

After breakfast, it was finally time for Mommy and Daddy to open some gifts! I'll tell you about my favorite gift in a minute! Brent loved his toy soldiers, books and clothes.
Below:We waited til afternoon to open our stockings. It helped us to stretch out the day a bit and the kids loved opening all their trinkets!

Grammy, Pappap and Aunt Emily arrived in time to be present for the stocking opening. Grammy enjoyed holding onto one of the best gifts we've been given all year--Bennett William!

Maura LOVED the big present that Santa brought. Santa may not have been aware quite how BIG the castle was. The kids have really enjoyed playing with it since they received it--it has been a dragon's lair, parking garage, home for knights and Rapunzel's tower in turn since they received it!
Below: Tristan got to open all his gifts from Grammy and Pappap since he missed out the day before. I thought Maura might get jealous, but she was just interested in everything Tristan got!

THIS was my Christmas gift. Brent bought me something I've always wanted--a digital SLR camera! I was so excited. I want to be able to take the kind of photographs I've always dreamed of. I plan on taking a class so that I can do more than shoot on the automatic mode!

I enjoyed catching my kids playing with their Christmas toys and capturing the moment. The Allen family loved their Christmas!

I think Grammy, Pappap and Aunt Emily loved celebrating the day with us. We had snacks all day and a scrumptious fondue feast in the evening. We kept separate fondue pots for the Allen and Bridge clans, but despite our safeguards, my parents and sister managed to get sick in the next few days.

This is one of my favorite things about Christmas. You buy the kids tons of expensive toys and they play in the box. Maura actually guilted me into keeping this one in the house for at least a week before I went stark raving mad from the clutter and threw it out!
Below: Pappap and his boy! Tristan just had to put on the John Deere shirt that Grammy and Pappap bought him for Christmas!
Below: Pappap and his boy! Tristan just had to put on the John Deere shirt that Grammy and Pappap bought him for Christmas!






1 comment:
The Christmas post was well worth the wait. :o)
Post a Comment