I know I say it with every baby, but I REALLY don't know how my baby boy got to be seven months old already. I blinked, and suddenly he's grown from a helpless newborn to an opinionated infant! He's still as precious as ever, but his antics have stretched us a bit! We love our little Bennett Boo so, so much. If you ask either of my older children their brother's name, they will immediately respond with "Bennett Boo." He's going to hate that someday!

Sweet little Bennett Boo, or Boo Boo Bear, or Boo Boo, or Benny Boo Boo. Just take your pick! He's sitting up all of the sudden. I went to get his six month photos taken on December 27
th and I had to balance him by spreading his legs out and the photographer had to quickly snap the photo while I hovered over him to catch him when he fell. Now, he's sitting like a pro. He still falls over on occasion, but sitting up is now his
preferred method of playing.

Maura couldn't stand the fact that I was having a photo shoot that didn't include her! She's awesome at playing with her baby brother and he LOVES her. He just lights up when she walks in the room. She's great about running and getting me things for the baby and she is also good at anticipating what I might need and getting it for me too.

Sitting and also tummy time have opened up a whole new world of playing
possibilities for Bennett. He's enjoying his toys so much! It won't be long now that he'll be trying to enjoy his brother and sister's toys too! Crawling is coming--he's already starting to push himself up!

Sitting up has greatly increased his enjoyment of his
bathtime experiences! He LOVES the tub now and attempts to splash most of the water out at each
bathtime. I actually have to hang up the bathmat to dry when we get finished!
In other news, we've started solids and he's not much of a fan! He'll eat fruits and jarred cereal. He
abhors vegetables and boxed cereal. I CAN NOT make him eat it. He shakes his head rapidly and spits it out whenever I manage to get past his pursed lips! Looks like this little man is going to be my picky eater! Oh well, as my mom says, "
Nobody's perfect...even Bennett."

"Bring on the peaches, Mom" He LOVES puffs and
hyperventilates when he sees the puff container. He only manages to get about half in his mouth, but he sure does love trying!
This little man sure does love his daddy, but mommy is still the favored one. Whenever anyone else holds him, Bennett's eyes are like little radars as he looks for mommy. We say he's looking for The Source.

What a happy little man! Perhaps he's happy because he's starting to take longer naps these days? His naps have increased from 30-40 minutes to 1-2 hours.
Hallelujah!! He's still not sleeping through the night, but I feel like his increased solids consumption has to eventually fix that!! A girl can hope, can't she! I love my little sweet, adorable seven month old so much, I can even forgive him of that!

2 comments:
So sweet! What a cutie!
Really, SERIOUSLY??? Love the peaches on the nose!
Post a Comment