We had the MOST beautiful November weather this year. It was sunny and warm almost all month and we fully enjoyed our Indian Summer before winter set in. I anticipate lots of cold, windy days in the not too distant future when I know we won't leave the house, so I wanted to take every opportunity to get out while we still could. This meant several trips to the playground and one AWESOME trip to the zoo!!

Katie works weekends, so she's off and available to join us on fun trips to places like the zoo. We took advantage of our zoo membership to squeeze in yet another super fun trip. The kids were so excited to see Aunt Katie and vied for her attention all day. On this day, Bennett wasn't the cutest thing at the zoo. That distinction went to the kittens we saw in the zoo nursery. They were absolutely adorable. I have no idea what type of cat they are, but we spent a LONG time watching them play together.


We got up close and personal with some calves in the petting zoo. Even Bennett loved getting to pet the animals. He squealed and talked to that calf.

LOVIN' our zoo time with Aunt Katie! Two strollers are a lot to manage and I couldn't do it without her! She helped me to coral kids, wipe faces and hands and hand out lunches. What an awesome aunt!
Below: Tristan enjoyed playing hide and seek at lunch time.


Maura is my little tomboy in some ways. She LOVES all things lizard and insect. She was so interested in this little dancing lizard and she loved the
Kimono dragon. She wanted it to look like a fairy tale dragon, though, complete with wings and
fiery breath!


Tristan loved the
Kimono dragon too. He made us go back into the exhibit to see it again!
Below: Maura couldn't wait to see the insect house. We've actually missed this in past visits, so it was high on my list of things to do on this trip. Maura LOVED it. She wanted to gaze at every aquarium for a long time. Tristan, not so much. He was ready to move on quickly!


I enjoyed the zoo with my little monkeys so much! Hooray for zoo passes! I think we'll do this every year! Can't wait to do the Festival of Lights there in just a week!


Bye Zoo!!
Below: Maura climbed into the highchair the other day when I was scrubbing the floor. I couldn't believe how huge she looks in it. It wasn't that long ago that she was sitting there all the time! Won't be long until we're handing the chair down to Bennett!
No comments:
Post a Comment